We got back from our trip Wednesday and I returned to work on Thursday. I was so busy. I got a call that morning that my grandpa (moms dad) passed away. I was in shock. Just in January we lost grandmother. So we had a sad weekend saying goodbye to a wonderful man.
I could fill this post with good things about my grandpa. If you didn't know him you lost out in life. He was amazing!! Seriously up until he had his stroke a year or 2 years ago he was in such good health. He probably exercised more than me. He was SO positive and full of such a sweet spirit. If you ever asked him how he was he would say "Super", or "Super, Duper". He could make me laugh more than anyone I know. He was hilarous!!!! He loved his shiny black cadillac. He also loved rings and jewelry. I guess I got it from him :) Everytime he saw a new ring on me he asked where I got it. I think he would ask how much I spent on it too. LOL
I have soo many good memories of him and growing up. I am sad and disheartened that he isn't here anymore. That being my selfish side. But I am so glad his race is run and he is at rest!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


He was such an amazing man. I was privileged to live here close to him for five years - and most of that time he was walking six miles a day!!! I NEVER have walked six miles in a day! And he'd always stop and smile as he walked - he'd feed our dog when we went out of town and when we brought him a little present, he'd act like it was the greatest thing ever! What a privilege to know a man who had a Christian smile and Christian encouragement after all the trials and hard times he had lived through - he still had a smile and assurance to us that God would walk with us just like He had walked with him. Since he couldn't get well - I'm so glad he got his rest!!! Keep smiling girl - you've got big shoes to fill!!! :-)
ReplyDelete