Monday, October 4, 2010

Gatlinburg 2010




















We left Thursday morning for our annual Gatlinburg trip with Adam's family. It was a rough start because Adam worked Wednesday night and didn't sleep before we left. We didn't leave when we planned, but it all worked out. We got there around 2:30 and ate lunch at Calhouns (which wasn't the best). We met up with everyone that afternoon and the fun began :)

Friday we rode go carts, played putt putt and shopped. I need to note that I beat Adam in putt putt. He is so competitive and I am so NOT into sports. It was a beautiful day. Saturday we rode over to Cherokee, climbed 150 something steps, and hiked up to a waterfall. It was very pretty but exhausting for somebody that hasn't worked out in forever :) We got our fix of the Peddler that night. Sunday we packed up, ate breakfast at the Pancake Pantry(my fav), and shopped on our way out.

Ava had a good time! Last year she was only 8 months so it was just bottles and crawling around mostly. This year she was climbing up and down the stairs and falling :( Which gave me some gray hairs I am convinced!!

The weather wasn't what we are used to on that trip. We usually go in November and its freezing and snowing sometimes. This year we had to go early because Adam is working an outage in November. It was sunny and in the 60s and 70s until Sunday, then it turned cold and rainy.
The downside was Adam was starting to feel bad before we left. He felt bad the whole trip and Saturday night thought he was getting an ear infection. Ava had a runny nose and cough the whole time. Oh well we take the good with the bad right?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good trip! Ava must be a pretty good traveler. Our girls are homebodies...they don't like to be in a new place for very long! : ) I'm hoping they outgrow it and learn to enjoy vacation eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Ava travels good! I am glad because we LOVE to vacation.

    ReplyDelete