We are safe thanks to our almighty God!! So many others can't say that though. Alabama and Georgia are disaster zones. It doesn't even seem real. Wednesday I worked all day and around 4pm the storms started showing up in our area. It was unreal. I stood at the front door and saw shingles, tree limbs, and clothes flying through the air. It felt like a dream. I was seriously scared for my life. I was in a metal building with no safe place to hide. It passed by though! I went to pick up Ava and the power went out at 5. That started our power outage that is still ongoing. I went home to light candles and prepare for the night ahead. Adam was schedule to work nights. I was SO worried for him going into work. He left Scottsboro around 4:50 and the tornado in Athens hit minutes after that. What I didn't realize were our cell phones were not working. I was sooo worried after he didn't call. It took him 3 hours to get to work. Basically TVA at Brownsferry is running off of diesels, which isn't good. The transmission lines are down. Adam had a rough night....not only busy working but he found out one of his Friends got killed in the storm...along with is wife. They left behind a 2 year old child. Adam is not a crier but he was shedding tears that morning. Lord help he has seen me cry about a million times. He called me that night about 8 so that relieved me SO much. Me and Ava made it through the night good....actually really good for no power. The only thing is Ava don't understand we can't turn on the TV. She has enjoyed playing outside a lot though. It has been so gorgeous outside. You would never know that devestation struck just days before.
Thursday we managed to get some gas in my SUV. I was almost on empty. I sat in line about 40 minutes, almost saw some guys fight, and saw a guy drive off without paying. We cooked out on the grill and it was mighty good. You just don't realize how much we take for granted. This experience has humbled me in so many ways. Adam had to work again Thursday night so I stayed with mom and dad. Friday after adam got some rest we headed to Adams parents house. That is where I am blogging today. It was so nice to get a hot shower in the light. I brought all my laundry and did it here too.
Adam has to go back to work Monday so we are heading back tomorrow. I hope our power is back on this week.
Please keep your throughts and prayers on these that have lost loved ones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So glad you guys are ok. Continuing to pray and ache for everyone affected.
ReplyDeleteSo glad ya'll are okay! When my phone went out and then I heard it got bad again in Scottsboro I was in panic mode til Dad could get through to Paulette to make sure you guys were okay! Jameson doesn't understand the tv either, we kept telling him it wouldn't work, so now when he looks at it he says "TV still broke!" And goes and pets it! LOL!
ReplyDelete