Wednesday, August 1, 2012

We are going to Disney World!!

We have had a trip to Disney World planned since early Spring.  We are counting down the days!!!  
I am trying to plan and make this the best 1st trip for Ava.  Yeah, I know she is 3,  and most likely won't remember much.   OH well.   I went when I was 3 and I do remember parts of it.   I am secretly really excited.  Well its not a secret anymore.....

So in preparation I am getting the ole sewing machine out and getting back into the grove of it.  I love doing crafts and making things, its just hard to find time and patience.  

So my thing is I wanted to learn how to sew a ruffle on a pair of pants, shorts, capris, whatever.  After some research and stumbling across a GREAT YouTube video here is what I came up with:
TA DAH!!!!

Ok let me just note that shorts are WAY harder than pants.  These didn't come out exactly as I planned so she might not wear this outfit as a day outfit.  It might be a play outfit or pjs :)
I also did the Mickey head on the top!!   Oh and I cheated.  I didn't sew the shorts and tank from scratch.  

5 comments:

  1. i think it looks super cute! good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit looks great!! It would probably cost more to make the shorts and tank from scratch than it did to buy them and make it cute! : )

    Have a wonderful Disney trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first trip we took Lucas was 4 and Logan was 2. We have been every year since. They both remember something from each year! And my theory is who cares if they don't remember. You will remember everything. Her face when she sees Cinderella or the castle. Or her first parade! I say go as early and as often as you can afford. My kids love it every year! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete