Monday, November 29, 2010

My sweet grandpa

Sunday morning my grandmother called me early. I knew when I saw her name on my phone something wasn't right. She said that grandpa had fell and she thought he had a stroke. My grandparents are 90!!!! I hurried and called mom and she rushed down there along with my Aunt. He was in bed and had apparently had a stoke and couldn't get up. They talked him into going to the hospital.
We were all afraid it was something he suffered from years ago.....a bursted blood vessel in his brain. After a cat scan they confirmed no bleeding but did confirm a stroke.
He is stable and doing ok. The main problem is his speech. His brain is telling him to say one thing but something different comes out. You just have to know my grandpa. He is probably one of the funniest people I know. When I walked in to see him I clearly understood him say "Hey". He also asked how Ava was. He was obviously telling jokes because he would say something then die out laughing. I just laughed with him. LOL
Today we are hoping for major progress and the swelling to go down!!
Prayers would be appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that, Nicole. We'll be praying for his recovery!

    ReplyDelete