Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sad weekend

My grandmother passed away Friday morning. Its hard to mourn her loss when you know she is so much better off, but then again in my own selfish way I didn't want to say bye! She was 91 years old. She lived such a wonderful long life. I could fill this post with so many memories. She was so humble, loving, and meek. I hope to be more and more like her. I was so glad I got to spend her last Christmas with her. We had dinner with her and stayed all afternoon and into the night. She sat at the table and rolled laughing at Ava. Ava was talking funny or something. I was scared Grandma might choke she was laughing so hard. She adored Ava!!!!!
Her funeral was so peaceful and sweet. I know the Lord was comforting us all. I prayed for his comfort so I wouldn't squall the entire time. I actually didn't even start crying till the final viewing which is proof he is a comforter. I normally cry at the drop of a hat.
I also felt comfort in knowing that Grandmother knew how much I loved her. I made a point to tell her often and I told her the last time she saw me aware.

3 comments:

  1. I loved Sis Sybil! She and Brother Vernon were always the sweetest things. I will always cherish my years with them at Skyline. She had the sweetest testimonies and Bro Vernon always had something commical to say :)We love all of yall!!

    ReplyDelete