Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

Getting ready to hung eggs

Outside the house



cheese



At moms for dinner


At our house.





Fun times at Bridgestreet.




Happy Late Easter!

I started my Easter weekend with having a day off work Friday. I love that my boss observes Good Friday as a paid Holiday off. Love it! Me and Ava had a girls day. We went to eat at her choice and shopped some at Bridgestreet. She enjoyed a cookie and a drum band. She loves music and these guys were getting down. She loved it. I bought a token for the carousel and she refused....oddly enough. I think she thought she had to choose between that and a cookie :)

Adam had bad luck Friday and Saturday. His truck broke down Friday when he got to the entrance of the plant. He was able to get it towed home and fix it himself. (proud of him) He saved us an additional $200-300 labor. Then he left his phone at a gas station on his way home in the tow truck. Thankfully the attendant called me and he went back to get it. Saturday he managed to lock his keys in his truck :) Don't tell him I told. We had a Friend that does stuff like that so he helped us out. Saturday we had to make a trip back to Hville. Adam returned his new phone. He hated it and exchanged it for something else. We ate lunch and went to Bridgestreet again. Ava was still talking about the Drums. They weren't there though. We ate ice cream and she rode the carousel.

The Easter bunny came to see Ava Sunday morning. He brought her some books. I seriously don't go overboard with that. I want Ava to understand the true meaning of Easter. I sat her down Saturday night and told her what Easter meant. It was SO sweet during the church service Sunday morning somebody was up talking about the true meaning of Easter, and she started listening then looked up at me and said what is he saying? I reminded her what I told her the night before. She said "oh yeah", like she remembered. We enjoyed church service followed by an Easter egg hunt. Ava loved it.


Adam started his spring outage last week so it means many hours away from home. He missed Easter this year. I know he hated it. We missed him being there. When he got home we piled up on Ava's bed and told him all about our day and showed him pictures and videos.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures of you and Ava are so good! We have not been to Bridge Street yet this spring, but I hope to get over there soon. It's perfect weather for it!

    ReplyDelete