I can't help but be a little heart broken this morning. Ava is still sick and she is going to miss her First Christmas play tonight. I know she has no clue what it is but it was something I was looking forward to. I even had the cutest little Christmas outfit for her to wear. I just feel like she is missing out on so much her first year. We didn't go to the Christmas parade because she was starting to get sick that night. I make the Christmas programs, and last night as I am typing all the names It was so hard not to put hers down too. She was going to be a little angel. It was funny actually, the director of the play asked me about Ava being baby Jesus when it all started. I laughed to myself and told her NO. I think you want a baby Jesus that lays in the manger very meekly. Ava would be playing with the hay (probably eating it), and crawling over to see what the wise men were doing. :)
My main concern is that Ava gets better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Awww.....I"m sorry!! I remember Abby being sick her first program too!! I was stupid and took her on just long enough for her little part :) Chin up - many, many more to come that SHE will remember!! Go ahead and get her dressed and take pictures like you went. One day, you'll be so crazy and sleep deprived you'll wonder if you really missed it - HA! I'm starting to sound like Britt!!
ReplyDeleteShe'll get better! :) I remember in 2007, we were sick from (seriously) October to right before Nayah was born in December. I thought I was going to loose my mind.
ReplyDeleteI know you said this, but it really is true-she does not care, in the slightest. You are sad she is missing all this, much more than she is. She will have 100 Christmas's to celebrate in the future.
Chin up. She is surrounded by people who love her. That is all she will ever need.