The first real book I have read since Ava was born. Aside from the book I read on our vacation to St. Croix. That doesn't really count because I can read a ton at the beach with no kid. It was empowering to accomplish that. I know it sounds very stupid but since her arrival things are sooo different for me. I was used to enjoying books, vacations, silent dinners, long showers (longer than 5 minutes now), etc. Don't get me wrong she is is a blessing and I love her to death but life sure does change with a child. Now it took me a few weeks to finish it but I did it.
I love to read. I love letting my mind get so caught up in a book that I forget the world....well that is until Ava hits my knee with a McDonald's penguin and I realize she needs me. :)
OH well I am excited about lots of books to come. I have a list of books I would like to read. Any suggestions....let them be known!
On another note we are enjoying time with Adam these last couple days. He starts working an outage this week so that means lots of hours at work and little time for us. These only occur usually twice a year so thats ok....part of the job (which we are so thankful for). The good thing about it is I think I am finally getting a new bedroom suite. We have been talking about it for years but just never broke down and bought one. I am very excited!!!! I think we might go to Dogtown today to look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What did you read? It's one of my resolutions this year to get back into reading again. I've read American Wife and The Help so far, and I enjoyed them both. Sometimes I miss the things I used to do without thinking about it before we had the babies--like reading, enjoying a meal out without sharing my plate, etc. But life is a lot fuller and more fun now, too! : ) Good luck on your furniture! I'm about to order a table and chairs from Dogtown.
ReplyDeleteI so know how that is. The things you do to relax and unwind some how gets put on the back burner. But good for you...I am so jealous you are getting new bedroom furniture. That is my next furniture. I am waiting to after Disney but before revival.
ReplyDeleteDeanna...the book was by Nora Roberts. It was disturbing...I wouldn't recommend it :) It was all I had in the house.
ReplyDeleteHayley...didn't know you had a blog. Yes I am so excited about my furniture. We have needed a new suite for years.