Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Big Birthday

Yes I am not a 20 something anymore. :( I just shed a small tear. Very cliche but I can't believe I am 30! I remember when I was a kid and I heard somebody mention 30 I thought that was ancient. Awww.... silly kid. So now I can look at these younger kids and realize how "old" they think I am. Seriously, mom was just having Jeremy at this age. I can't imagine having my first kid now and then having another one in 3 years. Bless her soul.

This has been a bittersweet week. My grandmother is on her deathbed. They really don't think she will live long. Its very hard to celebrate when you feel more like grieving. I thought turning 30 would really be hard and I would be so depressed. I guess with all going on I haven't had time for that. I was on my way to work yesterday (the 18th, my actual bday) and I heard a song on the radio. It was by no means religious, but I think God has a way of working in mysterious ways. It was about how blessed life is. I have so many things to be thankful for and I should rejoice in the fact I have lived another year!

So with all going on we didn't have any big celebration. Not that anyone could pull something on me. I am somewhat of a over analyzer. Imagine that? Poor Adam would have a hard time giving me a surprise anything because I am like a detective. I ask way too many questions and think WAY too hard on things. Some of my Friends met me out to lunch along with mom,dad, Adam and Ava. I took off half a day. I went and got a new Iphone. I also had to hit up my favorite store, Anthropologie. :) We had a nice dinner to end the day.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! 30 really isn't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

    It's crazy how far away 30 used to seem...and now it's here! I look at it as opportunity for lots more good things to come. : )

    Are you loving your iPhone??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.

    Deanna, I am enjoying my Iphone now. I had trouble getting my contacts switched.

    ReplyDelete