Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ava's 1 year checkout

Today we went and saw Ava's wonderful Doctor. Ava did great as always. She cries when she gets her shots but she stops almost immediately after I cuddle with her a little bit. She did experience a little stranger anxiety towards him this visit. She is starting that more towards men. She only weighs 18 lbs and 1 oz. I think that is a one pound gain since her last visit. She measured 30 inches long. She is tall and skinny. He said she is doing better than most babies her age. I really don't know what that means but I was glad to hear it. I got the green light to stop her soy milk and start whole. He wants her to weigh 20 lbs before I turn her car seat around, but he said if she is requiring attention so that I have to reach in the back seat I could go ahead. YEAH!!!!!! We even stopped in Target and got her a DVD player for the car to celebrate the transition.

On another note we are still waiting for our bedroom suite to come in. It was suppose to be 3-4 weeks but today marks 4 weeks. I called and it isn't suppose to even get to ATL till Thursday. Oh well a few more nights sleeping in the guest room with all our stuff in boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, i can't believe she's so little... Allie weighed 20lbs at 6 1/2 months! haha, she's a chubby one ;)

    Amy Baker

    ReplyDelete