Just a friendly reminder to change the batteries in your smoke detectors. :) I was woken up at 4am Sunday morning by a LOUD siren going off in my house. I think my heart jumped out of my chest. I jumped up and went running through the house to see if there was smoke or fire. NOTHING!!!! My stupid smoke detector was possessed. It was in my bedroom and I tried my best to not wake up Ava. I closed the door, and took out the battery in it. Its still going off. I finally break down and call dad because I don't know what to do. Adam was working nights. He advised me to get a screw driver and pry it from the wires. I get it off and take it to the garage!!!!
Surprisingly enough Ava slept through it all.
The odd thing is we checked the battery in it and it was better than a new one. So, the moral of my little story is just to check and replace your batteries often. I know these things save lives!!!! I have heard the first of the year is a good time to remember to always check and replace batteries in smoke detectors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ha! Our smoke detector is wired in too...the one time it went off, it took forever to get it to stop. I can't think with the blaring noise going on! At 4 am, my girls would have been wide awake and screaming for sure...and I would have been MAD! : )
ReplyDeleteThis is so weird! My stupid detectors have been dinging too and I just replaced the batteries yesterday! But mine are battery operated not electric, so Nicole your house is possessed and haunted! And there's a ghost that lives with you and plays with your fire alarms!!! :) jk.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dustin...I am already a scaredy cat. Now I will be thinking about ghosts in my house. LOL
ReplyDelete