Monday, September 14, 2009

Baby Food




Saturday was Ava's first taste of baby food. She had green beans. YES I know they are horrible but that's all she knows. Everyone has made me feel so bad for feeding her vegges instead of fruit but that's how I am doing it. I don't feed her table food yet either. I know I am "green" to most other moms this being my first baby and all...but I think every mom has a right to do things the way they think is right for them. I had heard alot of comments about not feeding her baby food until she was 6 months. Technically she isn't 6 months till this Wednesday but a few days aren't going to hurt. I just don't get the rush to feed them food so soon. I mean goodness let me enjoy this time in her life because before we know it she is going to be wanting Happy Meals.


So anyways, she didn't really like it at first. She likes to blow bubbles and she did that while she was tasting it and she spit green all over me and her :) I waited till today to try them again. She made the yucky face again but then after a couple bites acted like she was enjoying it. She ate almost a whole jar(the small jars). I was proud of her!!! I can't beleive she is already eating baby food. Wow, time flies.

3 comments:

  1. Yup. It's your baby and you do what YOU want to. Mother knows best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!

    Our Pediatrician TOLD me years ago to do veggies before fruit, so you go girl!! Good Luck - EK still LOVES to blow food on everyone and everything in sight!

    ReplyDelete