Sunday, September 6, 2009

I have Shingles!!!

Yes you read that right. Go figure how I ended up with Shingles. One of those odd things I guess we just don't understand. Last week I told mom that I had this weird feeling in my left shoulder and neck. I got concerned because I had never felt that sensation that I could remember. I told mom if I dropped dead to investigate this weird feeling :) Honestly I had saw a commercial on TV about the birth control I take, Yaz. It has been known to cause blood clots and strokes so really in the back of my mind I was worried I might have a blood clot forming. I think I told her that on Thursday. On Friday morning I was getting ready for work and I saw some red spots on my shoulder. I KNEW when I saw them it was shingles. I had them when I was in 2nd grade so I knew what to look for. I got to work and called the dr. I got in and sure enough.... I was right! So from then on I have been in quarantine from Ava. That is the worse part of this so far. I can take the itching and weird pains....but I can't stand not being able to hold her close to me. She has been with Mom/Dad since Friday night. I have to admit a few days of rest sounded great to me but I miss my Baby so bad!!! And I haven't done much resting. Today I went into clean mode and started cleaning and organizing like crazy! I have went over to moms every day to see Ava but just haven't held her. That is pure torture.

So hopefully we caught them early enough that these meds will do their magic and I can be back to norm soon!! Whatever that is :)

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way! When I start feeling weird, I tell Lee all of my symptoms so he can tell anyone in case I drop dead. Too funny.

    I will be praying you heal fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, I know it is hard being away from Ava, I like for my kids to go spend the night, but as soon as they leave I'm ready for them to come back. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete