Lately I have had crazy dreams. I mean the ones when you wake up you have to realize they weren't true. Some mornings while getting ready I have just had to laugh. I mean some of these dreams are so out there. Why do we dream? How are they connected to our everyday life? Do they have double meanings? Maybe our dreams are connected to our memories. Just thoughts to ponder this dreary morning.
Isn't it so nice how we can look at a picture, smell a scent, or hear a song, and we are taken back to a different time and place. I am in the process of decorating my new office. I am really thinking hard about putting a picture of Maui above my computer. I think it would be a nice escape to just look up and be taken back to such WONDERFUL memories. Its amazing how God lets us remember. I know some memories I wish I could forget, but maybe he lets us remember to make us more grateful.
Anyways, Have a blessed Thursday!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Dreams are definitely an interesting phenomenon. I think Addison & Mackenzie might be starting to dream sometimes. The other morning, Mackenzie had gone back to sleep in my bed and she sat straight up and said, "Nonnie? Nonnie?" (for my aunt Connie!). I wondered if she had been dreaming about her. It's so funny to watch them develop these new ideas that are so familiar to us!
ReplyDeleteI love the ones that make you jump or jerk and wake yourself up and just start dying laughing! Sometimes I dream of someone throwing a ball at me and I jerk trying to dodge it and it always wakes me up and I just die laughing in the middle of the night by myself! Then I think to myself...Dude, you are idiot!!! :)
ReplyDeleteCrazy dreams - you sure don't grow out of that! But I did want to tell you about one great thing. :-) Down through my life I've had some of those memories you wish you could forget. . .and over the last few years (okay, these are "praise the Lord" tears right here) I've discovered that when I think of those hard, hard times in my life, I only remember the parts where the grace of God came by and gave me peace or delivered me. When I remember the pain or the hurt - IMMEDIATELY He reminds me of the grace that came during the sorrow!! (And of course, right behind that come the happy tears!) What a precious gift. I pray for that for all of you. :-) (Maybe that's my testimony for the day - LOL!)
ReplyDelete