Monday, October 1, 2012

Disney Day 2

We woke up and made our way to the Grand Floridian hotel for breakfast with Alice in Wonderland and friends (Pooh, Tigger, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins).   This hotel is out of this world gorgeous!!
We had a breakfast buffet of anything you can think of.  I am serious it was SOOO good.  They had mickey head shaped waffles, bacon, sausage, carved meat, bagels with spreads, create your own omelet, pastries, eggs, pancakes, fruit, toast, etc.   We ate and then the characters one by one came to our table for signatures and pictures.  Let me say this is the best way to see the characters and let the kids feel special.  My only problem is I don't enjoy my food because I am helping with pictures, getting signatures, and making sure Ava sees them all.  She loved it and I loved seeing her face light up.



 Mary Poppins
 Tigger and he was bouncing all over the place....so fun.
 Alice
Pooh!
After a huge breakfast we headed to Magic Kingdom again.  This time to ride stuff!!!!!!   We had the best time.  We waited in line to see Merida (Brave) for what felt like a while.  The weather was gorgeous today but HOT.  I think it was around 90. :(   After seeing her we made our way to the Tea cups, Dumbo, Its a Small World, Speedway, and by this time it was time for a snack.  Ava had the famous Mickey Head ice cream.  I had the pineapple Popsicle.  OH my it was yum.  Adam had the swirly Popsicle.  Ava loved the rides.  I was so relieved because she had been going through this weird stage where everything scared her.  I guess all fears go way at the Happiest Place on Earth :)


My FAVORITE picture!!!!!  Well one of them :)




We made our way back to resort for a nap/rest.  After that we ate at the Landscape of Flavors in our resort.  YUM the food is great.  I had pasta which was huge so mom shared it with me.  And let me just tell you about my all time favorite dessert while at Disney.  It was a mickey shaped head chocolate tart.  It had a border of harder dark chocolate and the inside was pure HEAVEN.  I can't even describe it.  It was almost like melted chocolate but thinner than mouse.  I wish I took a picture.....or better yet brought some home!!!! So after a yummy late dinner we headed back to Magic Kingdom for "Magic Hours".  A perk for staying on Disney property.  You can enter the park an hour before or after hours at certain parks.  This night it was MK and was open till midnight!!!!!!

 Ava with her glow stick/wand
 Just pretty pic at night
 Getting ready for fireworks
 Blurry pic :(
Tink flying off Castle.  Wish it was closer/clear

We rode Ava's Favorite ride, Aladdin's Magic Carpet, 2-3 times.  Adam had the famous Dolewhip.  It was so yum but I yet to know what it is exactly.  Then we headed over to Main street for the Wishes Fireworks. They were awesome and we had heard that Tinkerbell zip lines from the castle.   It was sooo cool.  Ava loved it all.  We had such a fun night.  The weather had cooled up at night so it was nice!!  We had a late night and headed back to resort about 10 or so.

1 comment: